The best way to install Blender in Windows is to use the zip version that can be downloaded from blender.org. If you also want to use different versions of Blender, it is an advantage to put all settings in a separate folder during each installation.
Here is a guide on how to download and “install” blender in this way.
- Go to: https://www.blender.org/download/
- Klick on “macOS, Linux and other versions” and select “Windows Portable(.zip)”
- The download begins
- Locate the downloaded .zip file and move it to the folder where you want to unzip the program. This is also the folder from wich the program will run.
- Unzip the file.
- Go to the folder, for example ….\blender-2.91.0-windows64\2.91 and in that folder create an empty folder called “config”
- Finally, Go back to ….\blender-2.91.0-windows64 and locate the blender.exe file and make a shortcut of this file to your desktop.
If you want to “install” another version of Blender do the same step, but unzip the files in another folder, create a new configuration folder as described above and also create a new one shortcut to this version of Blender.